e martë, 12 qershor 2007

Blog Questions

Please use the comments feature below in response to this post to ask questions and offer ideas about the blog. This way all companions will be able to participate in the conversations and learn from whatever comes up. As shared previously, if there is need for it, we can connect soon via conference calls in order to bring everyone up to speed. I think you will find that if you invest just a little time up front to learn the basics of posting and commenting here, you will have a good time and as our journey continues we will be able to do something special with this community. My observation is that we all left Richmond Hill with some very special bonds that we will not soon have an opportunity to create again. What a gift we have given each other! Let's hold onto it.


from "Let Your Life Speak", by Parker Palmer......

The German poet, Rainer Maria Rilke, has a little book called Letters to a Young Poet, one of the most beautiful books I have ever read. In that book he has a definition of love which astounds me. I want to quote it because it's the kind of thing I'm trying to communicate about being together in our inner work. Rilke says. " Love is this...that two solitudes border, protect, and salute one another." He avoids the invasive and violent notion of getting in there and fixing each other up that we have in our culture. But he affirms the possibility of being present to a person's solitude, a person's mystery, while that deep inner work goes on.

1 koment:

j.b.e tha...

beautiful. I have added it to my book list. reminds me that I have to keep my mouth shut more. it's hard to find that balance between what to say and what not to say...