e diel, 17 qershor 2007

Book Idea: "Lamb - The Gospel According to Biff"

I call "Lamb" a book idea instead of a recommendation because it definitely is not for everyone. Reading the review and comments offered at amazon.com will help you discern whether or not this satire is more likely to inspire a closer relationship with God or upset you. One review criticizes the book for its "frat boy humor", which is understandable, for the book is certainly full of humor of the "frat boy" genre, which may be sophomoric and borish to some. Understanding this, we are who we are as a product of our life experiences, and so I will long carry various frat boy rythms in me. In this light, but also with consideration for a broader attraction to sarcastic, semi-irreverent humor, this book spoke to me at an important stage of my journey and helped me relate to the humanity of Christ on familiar terms, thereby inspiring greater measures of my affection for God. My sense is that God "dances us in" to ever-closer, experiential relations through multiple beats (humor included) that involve every instrument in his band. For me, author Christopher Moore strums a compelling guitar.

Nuk ka komente: